- Published on 2016-05-21 17:13:15
It is important to schedule out Spring Maintenance service on all HVAC systems to make sure these units are properly functioning before the hot weather arrives. You don't want to be caught by surprise with a failing system in the middle of summer especially when you are enjoying your time on Lake Chelan. A number of our clients also utilize humidifiers on their systems so it is important to shut those off and deactivate them now that the winter heating system has passed. We arrange for the various mechanical contractors to service our clients' vacation homes around Lake Chelan, Entiat and Orondo. We will schedule them, meet them on site and go over any pertinent issues that arise during these services and inspections. We also make sure that homes are properly locked up and secured once all work is completed.
A typical maintenance check-up should include the following.
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check refrigerant levels and adjust as necessary. Systems become inefficient if there is either too much or too little refrigerant.
- Replace filters. Dirty filters can increase energy costs and also damage various components within your heating system leading to premature failure.
We are here to take care of your home while you are away, so give us a call to discuss how we can help you. We can be reached by phone at 509-393-3652 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website http://www.lakechelanhomewatch.com